I Ain’t Saying She’s a Gold Digger: Entitled Wall Street Wives Bail on Their Husbands
Extra! Extra! The Wall Street crisis is having a far greater impact than previously imagined! In addition to taxpayer-funded bailouts, tens of thousands of layoffs of hardworking people, children whose parents have lost health care, mortgage foreclosures and a rising homeless population, there’s another casualty of the financial meltdown: The wives, girlfriends and mistresses of Wall Street bankers, financiers, and traders.
According to the New York Times article, It’s the Economy, Girlfriend: “Once it was seen as a blessing in certain circles to have a wealthy, powerful partner who would leave you alone with the credit card while he was busy brokering deals. Now, many Wall Street wives, girlfriends and, increasingly, exes, are living the curse of cutbacks in nanny hours and reservations at Masa or Megu. And that credit card? Canceled.”
Wow, where do I begin? How about their seemingly gross lack of emotional support for men whom they supposedly love? Instead of helping their husbands and boyfriends, they’ve formed a “support group” where they mourn the loss of their carefree shopping sprees and weekends in the Hamptons. The craziest thing about this gaggle of entitled, shallow women is that they actually take themselves seriously. I’m waiting for their televised charity benefit, “Blahniks for Selfish Chicks.” Maybe Bono will perform?
“They shared their sad stories the other night at an informal gathering of Dating a Banker Anonymous, a support group founded in November to help women cope with the inevitable relationship fallout from, say, the collapse of Lehman Brothers…In addition to meeting once or twice weekly for brunch or drinks at a bar or restaurant, the group has a blog…that invites women to join ‘if your monthly Bergdorf’s allowance has been halved and bottle service has all but disappeared from your life.'”
The Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale lists being fired from work, business readjustment, change in financial state, change to different line of work, change in responsibilities at work, and starting a new job in the top 20 highly stressful life events index. Instead of offering understanding and reducing their spending, the women depicted in this NYT article whine about canceled credit cards, their husbands/boyfriends being too distracted to pay attention to them, and cutbacks on dining out and vacations. Cry me a river.
These women blame the economy for their current relationship troubles, and not, oh, I don’t know, their utter lack of empathy and fair weather affections. Yes, their relationships have suffered because of the economic downturn, but you have to ask, did these women really love these men or the lifestyle they afforded them when they were living off the their husband’s/boyfriend’s fat salaries?
Several of their relationships with F.B.F.’s (Financial Guy Boyfriends) have ended. They also attribute this to job stress, failing to take into account their self-centered responses and selfish insistence for more material goods. One woman recounts that her boyfriend told her to “grow up” and stop “complaining about vacations and dinner” since he had to “fire 20 people by the end of the week.” Good for him.
Here’s a thought: If you want more Jimmy Choos and trips to the Caribbean, pay for it with money that you earn and if you can’t, STOP COMPLAINING. It’s easy to be loving when times are high; the real test of a relationship is when the chips and stocks are down. It’s extremely difficult to feel sorry for these women, however, you have to wonder about the kind of men who were attracted to them.
Looks like these guys used the same faulty judgment in their choice of relationships as they did in the financial market: High short-term yield, but worthless when the market crashes. It just goes to show how out of touch some of these Wall Street guys and their entitled, pilot fish girlfriends/wives actually are. I guess they missed Obama’s message of personal responsibility, pitching in and working hard. Can you declare emotional bankruptcy?
by Dr Tara J. Palmatier, PsyD
Private Consultation and Coaching
I provide confidential, fee-for-service, consultation/coaching services to help both men and women work through their relationship issues via telephone and/or Skype chat. My practice combines practical advice, support, reality testing and goal-oriented outcomes. Please visit Services and Products for professional inquiries.
If you find the information I provide free of charge helpful and valuable here on Shrink4Men, please consider making a donation via PayPal to help me maintain the site.
Spoiled Women Anonymous on NYT.
Gold digger unknown source.
- “Say Goodbye to Crazy” to Be Released for Pre-order on Valentines Day
- Going Mental with Dr Tara Palmatier and Paul Elam: Abusive Women, Smart Men, Bad Choices
- In His Own Words: Mother or Monster?
- In His Own Words: Heeding Childhood Lessons
- In His Own Words: The Making of a Knight in Shining Armor
- In His Own Words: A Real Time Cry for Help
- In His Own Words: Summer from Hell
- In His Own Words: Sex, Lies and Videotape
- In His Own Words: Dodging a Bullet
- In His Own Words: The Monster Behind the Beautiful Mask
- In His Own Words: Princess Turns into a Poisonous Toad
- In His Own Words: A BPD Mom and a Recently Divorced Custody Evaluator Walk into a Courtroom . . .
- In His Own Words: Dangerous Crazy Bitch Ahead
- In His Own Words: Another VAWA Success Story
- In His Own Words: One Brownie, Hold the Nuts
- In His Own Words: Violent Alcoholic Wife Attacks (VAWA)
- In His Own Words: Living a Nightmare
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month: Men Are the Invisible Victims
- MWT Radio Tonight: Lake Tantrum Special with James Mongiat
- In Defense of James Mongiat (Soon-to-Be_Ex-Husband of the Lake Tantrum Lady
A Shrink for Men Blogs
- How to be a successful Narcissist in 5 easy steps! bit.ly/2aiDME6 https://t.co/xqjyYw1TKr 6 months ago
- RT @TheCrazyBusters: Is @TheCrazyBusters right for you? bit.ly/29MYyiP 6 months ago
- RT @TheCrazyBusters: Welcome to CrazyBusters! Bye-bye to the narcissists, borderlines and psychopaths in your life! bit.ly/29MYyiP 6 months ago
- Please check out @TheCrazyBusters twitter.com/TheCrazyBuster… 6 months ago
- Inspirational Facebook memes #Redflag #DomesticViolenceAwareness #DatingMistakesMenMake #dating #Datingadvice http://t.co/DxmHfCZVUQ 1 year ago