Cosmopolitan Magazine: Sometimes the Truth Hurts
I Stumbled Upon this last night and got a real kick out of it. For those of you who don’t know, Cosmopolitan is a dreadful women’s magazine that panders to . . . how can I word this without seeming harsh? I can’t. It panders to braindead, oversexed, materialistic, gold digging (is that redundant?), narcissistic, “career gals.” The magazine is beyond superficial–expect for the occasional article on “What You Need to Know About HPV,” etc. and targets the lowest common denominator.
If you’re girlfriend reads Cosmo you may want to flip through it. The relationship advice this mag/rag dishes out will probably explain a lot about your relationship. This illustration is by sandossu via Flickr and Incredimazing:
COSMOPOLITAN: Sometimes the truth hurts.
posted by Dr Tara J. Palmatier, PsyD
Private Consultation and Coaching
I provide confidential, fee-for-service, consultation/coaching services to help both men and women work through their relationship issues via telephone and/or Skype chat. My practice combines practical advice, support, reality testing and goal-oriented outcomes. Please visit Services and Products for professional inquiries.
If you find the information I provide free of charge helpful and valuable here on Shrink4Men, please consider making a donation via PayPal to help me maintain the site.
My Virtual Shrink
MyVirtualShrink is an alternative to traditional psychotherapy and coaching. It offers a wide range of non-gender-biased web-based interactive guided sessions for a variety of issues. For a 20% membership discount, enter the promotional code IBWURBABUFK when you register.
- “Say Goodbye to Crazy” to Be Released for Pre-order on Valentines Day
- Going Mental with Dr Tara Palmatier and Paul Elam: Abusive Women, Smart Men, Bad Choices
- In His Own Words: Mother or Monster?
- In His Own Words: Heeding Childhood Lessons
- In His Own Words: The Making of a Knight in Shining Armor
- In His Own Words: A Real Time Cry for Help
- In His Own Words: Summer from Hell
- In His Own Words: Sex, Lies and Videotape
- In His Own Words: Dodging a Bullet
- In His Own Words: The Monster Behind the Beautiful Mask
- In His Own Words: Princess Turns into a Poisonous Toad
- In His Own Words: A BPD Mom and a Recently Divorced Custody Evaluator Walk into a Courtroom . . .
- In His Own Words: Dangerous Crazy Bitch Ahead
- In His Own Words: Another VAWA Success Story
- In His Own Words: One Brownie, Hold the Nuts
- In His Own Words: Violent Alcoholic Wife Attacks (VAWA)
- In His Own Words: Living a Nightmare
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month: Men Are the Invisible Victims
- MWT Radio Tonight: Lake Tantrum Special with James Mongiat
- In Defense of James Mongiat (Soon-to-Be_Ex-Husband of the Lake Tantrum Lady
|Hiwayman on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
|Flor on When Love Hurts: The Emotional…|
|bnd on Is Your Girlfriend or Wife a P…|
|Eddie Morales on Is Your Girlfriend or Wife a P…|
|Lex on Workplace Bullying and Office…|
|Lex on Workplace Bullying and Office…|
|Shaughnan hughes on 13 Signs Your Wife or Girlfrie…|
|Clifford on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
|Steph on 7 Things You Need to Know abou…|
|Mrs. Moriarty on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
A Shrink for Men Blogs
- RT @RickNothing: @joerogan Would you consider having @AVoiceForMen and @shrink4men on your podcast to talk about leaving crazy women. 2 weeks ago
- RT @WaterLilyDreams: PSA: Don't disagree with a narcissist unless you have an escape plan or you're ready to listen to them try to disprove… 2 weeks ago
- Under pressure from #gamergate protesters, @Intel pulls advertising from @gamasutra on.recode.net/1mSm2TO via @heyheyesj 9 months ago
- @wizardofcause @TIMEIdeas Today's feminism wants to have its cake and eat it, too, at the expense of everyone and everything #EffFeminism 9 months ago
- RT @wizardofcause: @shrink4men @TIMEIdeas "You're STRONG! But also under constant threat. But YOU'RE INDEPENDENT! But #heforshe" Doublethi… 9 months ago