Emotional Vampires: How Emotionally Abusive Women Screw You Up Flow Chart
I found this flow char while looking for images for a new post I’m writing. I think it’s a good summary of what happens when you’re involved with an emotionally abusive individual.
The text is a little small, so here’s a summary:
1. Normal person feels love, gives care to
2. Emotional vampires and monsters (disguised as regular people) who
3. Rip you apart, reciprocate lovingly, suck you dry!, and disappear unpredictably. Intermittent reinforcement results in
4. Pavlovian fear and vigilance, which inspires you to
5. Run away and declare
6. No vampires and you undertake
7. Hard work which results in
8. Good relationships that are
9. Open, honest, loyal and consistent except that occasionally you respond with
4. Pavlovian fear and vigilance to the non-vampire showing you care and love and repeat steps 4-9. Except that in time, you go around this loop less often and your relationships stabilize with a non-emotional vampire.
Photo credit: clevergirl.
Dr Tara J Palmatier, PsyD
Private Consultation and Coaching
I provide confidential, fee-for-service, consultation/coaching services to help both men and women work through their relationship issues via telephone and/or Skype chat. My practice combines practical advice, support, reality testing and goal-oriented outcomes. Please visit Services and Products for professional inquiries.
If you find the information I provide free of charge helpful and valuable here on Shrink4Men, please consider making a donation via PayPal to help me maintain the site.
- 10 Things You Need to Do After Breaking Up with an Emotionally Abusive Woman
- 5 Stages of Letting Go of a Relationship with an Emotionally Abusive Woman
- Can a Relationship with a Narcissistic or Borderline Wife or Girlfriend Change your Personality?
- Can a Man Break the Cycle of Emotional Abuse After Being With a Crazy, Narcissistic or Borderline Wife or Girlfriend?
- Can a Man Who Was Emotionally Abused By His Narcissistic or Borderline Wife or Girlfriend Have a Relationship with a Healthy Woman?
- How to Have a Healthy Relationship After Being With an Emotionally Abusive, Borderline or Narcissistic Woman