An Anthem for the Husbands and Boyfriends of Narcissistic, Borderline and Histrionic Women: Mr Guilty by Loudon Wainwright, III
Not too long ago, I attended a Loudon Wainwright, III concert. His children, Rufus Wainwright and Martha Wainwright have been two of by favorite singer-songwriters for many years, but I’d never really listened to Loudon’s music. On a lark, I attended one of his performances recently and he was amazing. One of his songs, Mr Guilty, made me think of the blame game abusive individuals like narcissists, borderlines, histrionics et al like to play with their nearest and dearest. I chuckled the whole way through and told my companion he should email the mp3 to his ex as a facetious apology.
I found a rendition that Loudon performed in Glasgow in 2007. I love the “I’m a villain! I’m a villain!” bit. All in all, Loudon has an utterly charming stage presence and is a supremely talented singer-songwriter and performer. The apples certainly didn’t fall far from the tree. Same goes for their mother, singer-songwriter Kate McGarrigle, who recently passed away. If you have the opportunity to see Loudon perform, I highly recommend it.
I wonder how many of my readers have thought about tendering the same kind of apology to their wives, girlfriends and exes as Mr Guilty?
Shrink4Men Coaching and Consultation Services:
Dr Tara J. Palmatier provides confidential, fee-for-service, consultation/coaching services to help both men and women work through their relationship issues via telephone and/or Skype chat. Her practice combines practical advice, support, reality testing and goal-oriented outcomes. Please visit the Shrink4Men Services page for professional inquiries.
If you find the information I provide free of charge helpful and valuable here on Shrink4Men, please consider making a donation via PayPal to help me maintain the site.
- Why Love Bombing is a Red Flag
- Why is No Contact So Hard?
- How to Love a Woman Who Has Been to Hell and Back: Look for the Nearest Exit
- Narcissists, Borderlines, Codependents and Mutual Childhood Issues
- How to Protect yourself from Narcissists, Psychopaths and Borderlines
- Are You Codependent?
- Relationship Boundaries, Part 2
- Relationship Boundaries, Part 1
- Emotional Toddlers: Narcissists, Borderlines and Psychopaths, Part 1
- Winning an Argument with a Narcissist, Part 1
- Winning an Argument with a Narcissist, Part 2
- Emotional Toddlers: Narcissists, Borderlines and Psychopaths, Part 2
- How to Be a Successful Narcissist
- Custody Battles with Narcissists and Borderlines: Obsessed with Diet and Poop
- Narcissistic Abuse: Stages of Rumination During the Healing Process
- “Say Goodbye to Crazy” to Be Released for Pre-order on Valentines Day
- Going Mental with Dr Tara Palmatier and Paul Elam: Abusive Women, Smart Men, Bad Choices
- In His Own Words: Mother or Monster?
- In His Own Words: Heeding Childhood Lessons
- In His Own Words: The Making of a Knight in Shining Armor
|Hussein Kurdi on 13 Signs Your Wife or Girlfrie…|
|Nick on When Love Hurts: The Emotional…|
|Joe P. on When Love Hurts: The Emotional…|
|Mike on When Love Hurts: The Emotional…|
|Rahul on 13 Signs Your Wife or Girlfrie…|
|Ed on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
|Ed on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
|shrink4men on Traumatic Love: Is Your Narcis…|
|David Webber on Traumatic Love: Is Your Narcis…|
|Jerry on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
Articles by Month
- How to be a successful Narcissist in 5 easy steps! bit.ly/2aiDME6 https://t.co/xqjyYw1TKr 9 months ago
- RT @TheCrazyBusters: Is @TheCrazyBusters right for you? bit.ly/29MYyiP 9 months ago
- RT @TheCrazyBusters: Welcome to CrazyBusters! Bye-bye to the narcissists, borderlines and psychopaths in your life! bit.ly/29MYyiP 9 months ago
- Please check out @TheCrazyBusters twitter.com/TheCrazyBuster… 9 months ago
- Inspirational Facebook memes #Redflag #DomesticViolenceAwareness #DatingMistakesMenMake #dating #Datingadvice http://t.co/DxmHfCZVUQ 1 year ago