Services and Products
Individual Consultation and Coaching
I provide confidential, fee-for-service, private consultation/coaching via telephone and/or Skype to both men and women and accept payment via PayPal. My practice combines practical advice, support, reality testing and goal-oriented outcomes. Typical sessions focus on:
- Exploring and identifying personality disordered behaviors and traits in your partner, family members, colleagues and friends.
- Validation that you’re not “the crazy one.”
- Understanding the dynamics of personality disorders and other maladaptive behaviors and how they affect intimate relationships.
- Understanding the dynamics of abuse.
- Understanding and dismantling your buttons, by which your partner manipulates, controls and abuses you.
- Understand your family and childhood experiences that make you susceptible to this kind of individual.
- Developing strategies and coping skills such as detachment and boundary setting if your relationship is ongoing.
- Exploring the option of divorce and developing strategies to navigate the family law system.
- Developing strategies and coping skills such as detachment and boundary setting post-break-up or post-divorce.
- Dealing with affects of parental alienation.
- Instituting and maintaining a No Contact policy.
- Mourning the loss of the relationship and letting go.
- Learning to recognize the warning signs of potentially abusive and/or personality disordered women and men.
- Learning how to avoid the traps set by emotional predators and bullies.
- Support for family members who have lost their son, brother, nephew, cousin, father or grandson to an abusive partner who has isolated him and cut off contact.
- Support and strategies for girlfriends and wives of men whose former partner were abusive and personality disordered.
The above list isn’t exhaustive. I work with both men and women who have been in these kinds of relationships or have suffered collateral damage from them. Please contact me at the following email address if you’re interested in working with me in a professional, one-on-one basis:
Unfortunately, I do not accept insurance nor do I work with the abusive partners.
I am trying to enroll members for group phone sessions to begin the first week of April. You will need to make a 4-week/4-session commitment and abide by the group confidentiality policy and rules. The rate is 1/3 less than the individual session rate. It will require a basic screening prcess and be conducted via teleconference. At least 4 members to start the group and maximum membership is 7. The session will be 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Please contact me at shrink4men@gmail if you would like to enroll.
If you find the information I provide free of charge helpful and valuable here on Shrink4Men, please consider making a donation via PayPal to help me maintain the site.
My Virtual Shrink
MyVirtualShrink is an alternative to traditional psychotherapy and coaching. It offers a wide range of non-gender-biased web-based interactive guided sessions for a variety of issues. For a 20% membership discount, enter this promotional code: IBWURBABUFK when you register.
Dr Tara J. Palmatier, PsyD