Cosmopolitan Magazine: Sometimes the Truth Hurts
I Stumbled Upon this last night and got a real kick out of it. For those of you who don’t know, Cosmopolitan is a dreadful women’s magazine that panders to . . . how can I word this without seeming harsh? I can’t. It panders to braindead, oversexed, materialistic, gold digging (is that redundant?), narcissistic, “career gals.” The magazine is beyond superficial–expect for the occasional article on “What You Need to Know About HPV,” etc. and targets the lowest common denominator.
If you’re girlfriend reads Cosmo you may want to flip through it. The relationship advice this mag/rag dishes out will probably explain a lot about your relationship. This illustration is by sandossu via Flickr and Incredimazing:
COSMOPOLITAN: Sometimes the truth hurts.
posted by Dr Tara J. Palmatier, PsyD
Private Consultation and Coaching
I provide confidential, fee-for-service, consultation/coaching services to help both men and women work through their relationship issues via telephone and/or Skype chat. My practice combines practical advice, support, reality testing and goal-oriented outcomes. Please visit Services and Products for professional inquiries.
If you find the information I provide free of charge helpful and valuable here on Shrink4Men, please consider making a donation via PayPal to help me maintain the site.
My Virtual Shrink
MyVirtualShrink is an alternative to traditional psychotherapy and coaching. It offers a wide range of non-gender-biased web-based interactive guided sessions for a variety of issues. For a 20% membership discount, enter the promotional code IBWURBABUFK when you register.
- In His Own Words: Mother or Monster?
- In His Own Words: Heeding Childhood Lessons
- In His Own Words: The Making of a Knight in Shining Armor
- In His Own Words: A Real Time Cry for Help
- In His Own Words: Summer from Hell
- In His Own Words: Sex, Lies and Videotape
- In His Own Words: Dodging a Bullet
- In His Own Words: The Monster Behind the Beautiful Mask
- In His Own Words: Princess Turns into a Poisonous Toad
- In His Own Words: A BPD Mom and a Recently Divorced Custody Evaluator Walk into a Courtroom . . .
- In His Own Words: Dangerous Crazy Bitch Ahead
- In His Own Words: Another VAWA Success Story
- In His Own Words: One Brownie, Hold the Nuts
- In His Own Words: Violent Alcoholic Wife Attacks (VAWA)
- In His Own Words: Living a Nightmare
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month: Men Are the Invisible Victims
- MWT Radio Tonight: Lake Tantrum Special with James Mongiat
- In Defense of James Mongiat (Soon-to-Be_Ex-Husband of the Lake Tantrum Lady
- Man-Woman-Truth Radio: Emotional Incest and Parentification
- Covert Abuse and Abused Men, Part One
|CDC on Man-Woman-Truth Radio: Emotion…|
|Kristy on Divorce and High-Conflict Peop…|
|chrisalm on Workplace Bullying and Office…|
|sdkidsright on Parental Alienation: Why Kids…|
|Eugene on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
|gary on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
|Colin on In His Own Words: Princess Tur…|
|Billiekent on You Are Not a Princess! 25 Poi…|
|Bewildered on 10 Signs Your Girlfriend or Wi…|
|David on 13 Signs Your Wife or Girlfrie…|
A Shrink for Men Blogs
- Runway model punches FEMEN protestor in the face at fashion show dailym.ai/1h86aDV 5 months ago
- New blog post: Why Some Borderline, Narcissistic and Histrionic Mothers Sabotage their Children shrink4men.com/2012/10/02/why… 1 year ago
- New blog post: Please Sign the Petition to Impeach Judge Lori B. Jackson shrink4men.com/2012/09/28/ple… 1 year ago
- @LawRunning - just did. Thanks! 1 year ago
- @LawRunning I rec'd one. Any idea what this is about? 1 year ago